Where in the world do you want to go?
How to apply for a Study Abroad program...
What does the application look like? In general, a study abroad application will consist of the following items:
- Application - personal information (name, academic status, major, etc.)
- A Study Statement (short essay - this is where students have the opportunity to describe the academic reasons for selecting a particular program, detailing how the study abroad program will fit into a student's overall academic program and goals, and how the program will be of benefit to the student's personal, academic, and professional development)
- Academic Recommendations – two faculty recommendations are required. **The electronic forms are on this website, a letter of recommendation IS NOT required, just the forms on our page**
- A transcript (depending on the program, either an unofficial or official transcript will be required).Buffalo State Programs Abroad
- Application fee - $30 paid through our wesite
Buffalo State offers many study abroad programs, many of which are directed by our faculty. Buffalo State offers exchange programs where students can study at international partner institutions without paying additional tuition to Manchester, Amsterdam, and Australia.
SEARCH BUFFALO STATE PROGRAMS (click here)
Other SUNY Programs Abroad- Buffalo State students can also choose from 1000 programs offered by other SUNY campuses in more than 70 different countries.
Search for Other SUNY Programs Abroad (click here)
Interested in studying abroad, but not sure how to go about it?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions